Custom Search

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Scott Warren


Scott Warren– keyboards (1993–2010)

Scott Warren (3 November 1962, Chicago) was the latest keyboardist for heavy metal band Dio and Heaven & Hell.

Scott is a self taught keysman, he begin playing at age 6. Later he trained professionally at Dick Grove School of Music.

Scott Warren was a member of the groups Warrant, Keel and Berlin among others. Scott joined Dio to play keyboards on the Strange Highways release in 1994. Stayed in the band until Dio's death in 2010 from stomach cancer.

His most notable work with the band would have to include his keyboard solo on the recent Killing the Dragon album on a track titled "Before The Fall." After Ronnie's death he wrote "How can I express what 17 years next to Ronnie now means to me? He has led me on an incredible journey.

I have been blessed by his presence, and his voice. He was my surrogate father, my brother, my friend, my teacher AND my loyal advocate. Our fearless leader. He never let us down. He was never not out to prove it.

Because he 'WAS' it. Just a class act. Life without him will never be the same. Yet it is not because of these things, that I know He IS in Heaven. But that's another story. I will miss you, my dear friend. "RJD RIP"

Scott Warren

Instruments Keyboards

No comments: